Our Accounting Services

Our clients include individuals, sole traders, partnerships and small companies.

They ask for help with:

  • Accounts - including sole trader accounts and iXBRL accounts for companies.
  • Taxation - both personal and company, filing online.
  • Bookkeeping - maintaining your accounting records for you, freeing up your time to work in your business.
  • VAT  - preparing returns from client's records or confirming calculations prior to filing return online.
  • Payroll - a bureau service for employers who do not want the task of calculating their employee's wages, tax and National Insurance. This includes the online filing of end of year returns and in-year forms.
  • Construction Industry Scheme - preparing monthly returns online for contractors.
  • Bookkeeping and systems advice and training - particularly in Sage or Xero accounting software and spreadsheets.
  • Company Secretarial - all private limited companies need to file their accounts within 9 months of the year end. We are able to file these electronically. We also assist with filing annual returns and other forms to notify changes to the Registrar.
  • Management accounts - in house reports for directors and business owners to moniter their business perfomance.
  • Business start ups - from the start of a new business, we can advise whether it would be best to trade as a sole trader or to incorporate as a company, and assist with regisering an individual or company with the appropriate authorities.

We consider our fees to be competitive. We offer initial consulations free*, in accordance with the Institiute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales' Business Advice Service.

*Subject to certain conditions, in which case we offer the first hour as free.

Online Services

HM Revenue & Customs and Companies House have been encouraging online filing for some years and we consider that there are many benefits for our clients for filing returns online. We are now registered for online filing of:

  • Individual and Partnership Self Assessment tax returns
  • Company Corporation Tax returns, including preparing accounts and computations in accordance with iXBRL requirements
  • VAT quarterly returns and registrations
  • PAYE end of year and in-year forms and registering new schemes
  • Construction Industry Scheme monthly returns
  • Companies House year end company accounts
  • Companies House incorporations, annual returns, etc